Use the options tab to fine-tune acdGO’s backup settings.
Scheduling allows you to schedule repeated backups to ensure you do not lose any information from your day, week, or month of changes.
To Schedule Your Backups
- Check then Enable scheduled backups at checkbox and use the arrows next to the clock field to specify the exact time you would like your backups to occur.
- Use the options under Recurrence to specify how often you would like your backups to occur.
Use bandwidth throttling to control the speed of your uploading or downloading according to your internet. You may want to reduce the speed, for example, to reduce the local network congestion while using other applications during this process.
- Click the Backup Bandwidth Throttling checkbox to reduce speed during uploading.
- Click the Restore Bandwidth Throttling checkbox to reduce speed during downloading.
Use the Advanced tab to configure more options.
- Check the Automatically Check for Updates checkbox to ensure you have the most up-to-date version of acdGO.
- Check the Show status when a backup successfully completes checkbox to be informed of acdGO’s process status.
- Check the Show all protected operating system files checkbox to backup your operating system files. Protected files are usually hidden and as acdGO only backs up files it can see, acdGO skips operating system files by default. It is recommended that you leave this box unchecked.
- Check the Ignore original file path if choose “Select restore folder” during restore checkbox to avoid acdGO restoring an extensive name that includes the original file path.
- Check the Skip locked files during backup checkbox to avoid backing up files that are in use or in the process of being edited or changed. This will prevent the backing up and restoring of partially incomplete files.
- Proxy: If you connect to the internet through a proxy server, enter your information here.